Hello, my name is Dawn. I’m a Facebookie. I’ve been on FB now for two years. At first, it was great…it was new, exciting, lots of fun…but then after a while, it started to take over my life…
…I started finding myself on FB in the strangest of places, like the shower (I just had to reply to something RIGHT THEN, it couldn’t wait)…
…It got to be that I couldn’t go anywhere without knowing I’d have the connection I needed to get my FB fix. My cell phone became permanently attached to me. And once I got that netbook…well, that was what pushed me over the edge really…
…One day, I had a fleeting moment of lucidity. I realized that the reason every dish, glass, fork and pan in the house was dirty, the reason everyone was out of clean underwear, the reason every day got so far away from me was because of it. Because of Facebook.
I decided to quit.
- I will not start my day off on Facebook
- If the dishes are dirty, NO FACEBOOK
- If anyone is out of any kind of clothing, NO FACEBOOK
- If my husband needs my attention or assistance, NO FACEBOOK
- If my children need my attention or assistance, NO FACEBOOK
- And, most importantly, if I haven’t spent quality time with my God today, NO FACEBOOK