- 1 c uncooked brown rice
- 1-2 Tbs ketchup, tomato sauce or 1/4 to 1/2 c diced, fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or a clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/3 to 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c water (mineral or filtered water, chlorine- and fluoride-free)
- 1/4 c cooking sherry or white wine
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
Combine 2 1/2 c water, ketchup (or sauce or tomatoes), garlic, salt and butter and bring to a boil. Add rice, simmer 35-45 minutes or until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, brown sausage and onion, add water, sherry, garlic and marjoram and simmer while rice cooks. When rice is almost done, add zucchini to sausage mixture and cook until crisp-tender. Combine with rice. Could top with cheese if desired, parmesan or romano sound good.