Have you heard of fat bombs?
I’ve wanted to make some for a while now, although I guess you could call Trim Healthy Mama Skinny Chocolate fat bombs. They are marvelously delicious! And if you’re not afraid of a li’l healthy fat, you’ll love them. Fat bombs are a great way to get that healthy coconut oil into your diet.
(I can’t share the recipe for Skinny Chocolate here, but you can find it in the new Trim Healthy Mama cookbook)
I was craving something sweet-creamy-fatty the other day and whipped up these little gems in about 20 minutes…most of which came from gently melting my coconut oil on the stove. I used a silicone ice cube mold and popped them in the freezer for a few minutes.
Oh. Sweet. Mercy.
It’s moments like this that are part of the reason for the name of my blog. It just hit the spot perfectly.
You may have seen a product in the grocery store called PB2. You don’t want to use this one because it contains sugar. Jif makes a sugar free deffated peanut powder that is plan-friendly and probably in your local store (just make sure not to buy the chocolate version!). However, it’s about $4-5 for a 6.5 ounce package. The Trim Healthy Mama store carries their own De-Fatted Peanut Powder that is $6.99 for 16 oz, which is a much better deal!
Also, with the type of sweetener I used it doesn’t dissolve completely. This gives it a little bit of a crunch. I like that but if you don’t, you can grind the sweetener in a coffee grinder, use a more powdery stevia such as the Trim Healthy Mama Pure Stevia Extract, or use a liquid stevia.
Let’s make some fat bombs!
Easy Fat Bombs - Coconutty Peanut Nom Noms
These easy fat bombs are a great way to get that healthy coconut oil into your day. If you're a Trim Healthy Mama, be sure to use peanut powder that has no added sugar!
- 2 Tbs de-fatted peanut powder
- 2 tsp Pyure Organic Stevia
- Pure vanilla extract (learn how to make your own here) (just splash some in there)
- Pinch of Mineral Salt
- 3 Tbs organic virgin coconut oil, gently melted
- 1 tsp organic, unsweetened, unsulphured shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs butter, preferably organic
- In a small bowl, mix your dry ingredients together.
- Add melted coconut oil, butter and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a candy mold or ice cube tray and put into the freezer until set. If you don’t have a mold, you can pour it into a container and break off pieces as you need them, or use cupcake liners.
While my recipes are not officially endorsed by Trim Healthy Mama, I do my best to ensure they meet plan guidelines. Always refer to the THM plan book for complete information.
Serving size: 1 piece (I got 7 pieces out of this batch. Enough for one a day…if I’m disciplined enough…)
Don’t forget to pin this Easy Fat Bombs recipe to your favorite Pinterest Boards!