Ok this is almost no bake…you do bake the crust a bit. But other than that it’s a super simple, creamy, no bake chocolate chip cheesecake recipe with a peanut buttery crust. This low carb and sugar free dessert is perfect for Trim Healthy Mamas to take to potlucks and family gatherings, too.
One thing about living with a food blogger is you’re often a guinea pig for new recipes. They have a captive audience around the dinner table and all of course.
Since e had family over recently that’s the best time to test new recipes. I tested 2 new recipes out on them, even!
One was my Chunky Blue Cheese Dip to go with wings. The other is this Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Peanut Butter Crust recipe.
Both were a hit, thankfully. And since they passed the other people tasting it test, they’re expedited to the blog for your enjoyment.
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
It’s really as easy as 1-2-3!
Make The Crust.
This is the only baking you’ll do. Just mix together the crust ingredients and press into your baking dish.
Then bake for around 20 minutes and let it cool completely. Or, at least until slightly warm to the touch.
Want a 100% no bake cheesecake recipe? Try my Minty Matcha No Bake Cheesecake.
Make The Filling.
Beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Whip your heavy whipping cream then add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
Stir in your chocolate chips. So easy and only takes less than 10 minutes!
Spread The Filling On The Crust And Refrigerate.
Next, spread the filling on the cooled crust.
If you like, melt some chocolate chips or skinny chocolate and drizzle over the top of the dessert. Or sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped peanuts over the top to garnish.
Finally, pop it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours to let it set up completely.
The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Chips For Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
Thankfully, there are many options for sugar free chocolate chips these days. Some have more pure ingredients than others. Those with malitol and inulin, for example, can cause digestive upset for some people.
Many grocery stores carry sugar free chocolate chips or they’re available online.
Finally, making your own chocolate chips is easy to do. And, you sure to use ingredients that you’re comfortable using.
Here’s my favorite to-purchase and homemade chocolate chips (and a few other fun flavors to try):
How To Fit This Scrumptious Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bar Recipe Into Your THM Meal Plan.
Keep in mind that this rich, delectable dessert is a Heavy S recipe. That’s because of the cream cheese, heavy cream, and almond flour.
This dessert is totally on plan! But eating too many Heavy S foods can cause a stall in weight loss.
I suggest enjoying a chocolate chip cheesecake bar…
- For dessert after a Light S or Fuel Pull meal more often
- As a snack with a mug of coffee or tea with a bit of collagen added
- As a guaranteed sweet treat at a potluck or family gathering to help you avoid off plan temptations
However you choose to enjoy my sugar free no bake chocolate chip cheesecake bars with peanut butter crust I hope you love them as much as we do!
Crust (Almond Flour - See Notes For Baking Blend Crust)
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia, such as THM Super Sweet or Pyure, or to taste
- 3/4 cup THM Pressed Peanut Flour (or any no-sugar peanut flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 8-oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (or regular)
- 2 tablespoons THM Super Sweet (or desired sweetener to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of high mineral salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for melting and drizzling, optional
MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the almond flour, sweetener, peanut powder, and salt, making sure to break up any clumps.
- Stir in the melted butter until well combined. It will feel like a stiff cookie dough.
- Press into a 9x13" baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely or at least until barely warm to the touch.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Mix in the whipped cream but don't over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If desired, melt additional chocolate chips to drizzle over the top of the dessert.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to fully set.
TO MAKE THE CRUST WITH BAKING BLEND:
Use 1 1/2 cup of baking blend and 1/2 cup pressed peanut flour and proceed as directed.
The crust will be thinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- High Mineral Salt 12oz Bag
- THM Dark Chocolate Chips 8oz Bag
- De-Fatted Peanut Flour 16oz Bag
- Super Sweet Blend™ 16oz Bag
- Wellbee's Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour / Powder 5 LB
- Bellemain Stainless Steel Non-Slip Mixing Bowls with Lids
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3.5g
Nutrition information is approximate and based on the best knowledge available at the time of recipe publication. Your results may vary due to differences in ingredients. You can make your own calculations if this recipe does not include nutrition info by using an online calculator such as https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp