- Breakfast was scrambled eggs and fresh apple slices. I like sharp cheddar melted on top and smothered in homemade salsa and sour cream (the eggs, of course!)
- Lunch was Millet Meatballs in Quinoa Rotini Pasta and homemade spaghetti sauce, sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a side of fresh veggies. Very tasty! I was a little unsure if I’d like the Qunioa/corn pasta, but it was practically like “real” pasta. I love that it is made with Quinoa!
- Supper is in the oven right now: A hybrid Tater Tot Casserole. I quit buying canned soups ages ago, so it was a cornstarch-thickened gravy made with beef broth, sour cream and nutritional yeast, browned ground beef, and green beans. I am not sure if Tater Tots are safe yet (and I don’t have any in the house, anyway), so I made mashed potatoes to put on top. All in one lovely, cast iron skillet too. Love those one-dish meals!
- 1 egg
- 1 c of leftover cooked, seasoned millet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion power
- 12 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 2- 4 Tbs healthy oil for cooking, such as expeller pressed coconut oil.
- Whisk together egg, seasonings and nutritional yeast
- Add millet and mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix very well. Don't be afraid to use your hands!
- Form into meatballs.
- Gently heat oil in a cast iron skillet and cook meatballs, browning on all sides.
- Continue frying until cooked through, or finish in a preheated 350 degree oven - about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g