My easy Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce makes the perfect topping for yogurt, ice cream, pancakes and more. Just 4 simple ingredients! Trim Healthy Mamas, this is a delicious THM FP recipe.
While strawberries are available year round, the very best strawberries are freshly picked from a local source. They’re sweeter, juicier, and burst with the strawberry goodness that just says summer.
Farm stands and U-Pick berry farms are a great place to get your in-season berries. Unless, of course, you happen to have them growing in your garden.
I’ve been busy creating recipes this summer with two of my favorite summer produce items – strawberry and rhubarb. If you like rhubarb be sure and check out my Low Carb Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce.
Since some people can’t have rhubarb, or don’t like it, I decided a strawberry version should go on the blog.
It’s super easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients. No thickeners needed, either.
How To Make Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce.
First, you need some strawberries. Fresh or frozen work. However, for the best flavor choose fresh, local, in-season berries.
Next, add the berries and a bit of water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. If you’re using frozen berries, omit the water.
Finally, add the sweetener to taste. I also throw a pinch of pink salt into all the things, including this sugar free strawberry sauce recipe. It’s totally optional, though.
Keep in a tightly closed container in the fridge. It doesn’t last long in our house (my son likes it like jam on his PB&J sandwiches) but I’d say it keeps at least a week.
Want more desserts and sweets recipes? Check out my Desserts and Sweets category page.
Ways To Enjoy My No Added Sugar Strawberry Sauce In Your THM Meals And Snacks.
Always consult the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book for complete information on how to put together your meals.
Since this easy, tasty sauce has no fat and is also low in carbs, it’s a THM FP recipe. This means it’s compatible with nearly any THM Fuel Type.
In addition, berries are not allowed in Deep S meals, this sauce is not suitable for Deep S.
You imagination is your only limit, but here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Swirl into Greek yogurt.
- Top or swirl into ice cream.
- Use instead of syrup on pancakes and waffles.
- Cook it thicker like jam and use for PB&J.
- Top your low fat cottage cheese.
- Use it in smoothies.
- Swirl it into milkshakes.
- Mix with no added sugar applesauce for a THM E treat.
Sometimes, I even just eat a spoonful. You know, when you’re craving something sweet but you don’t want (or have time) to make something?
That sweet, summery, strawberry goodness just hits the spot and satisfies the sweet crave. And, without a bunch of added fat, carbs, or calories. That’s a winner!
Have you been hoping for an easy sugar free strawberry sauce recipe?
- 2 3/4 cups sliced strawberries (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water (omit if using frozen berries)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Mercy Sweet or sweetener of choice, to taste.
- 1/32 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- In a sauce pan, bring berries and water, if using, to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high, cook and stir until berries become soft enough to mash.
- Mash berries with a potato masher OR remove pan from heat and carefully use an immersion blender to puree.
- Taste before adding sweetener, then add to taste. I use 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Add 1 to 2 "doonks" (1/32 teaspoon) of pink Himalayan salt, if desired.
- Use immediately or allow to cool before pouring into a jar (or container) with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information at the bottom of this recipe card is per tablespoon.
Per 1/4 cup:
CAL 10.5g; FAT 0; CHOL 0; SODIUM 1.1mg; TOTAL CARB 2.5g; FIBER 0.8g; NET CARBS 1.7g; SUGARS 1.7; PROTEIN 0.2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2.6Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: .3mgCarbohydrates: .6gNet Carbohydrates: 0.4gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 0.1g
Nutrition information is approximate and based on the best knowledge available at the time of recipe publication. Your results may vary due to differences in ingredients. You can make your own calculations if this recipe does not include nutrition info by using an online calculator such as https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp