Sweet and tangy with a bit of smoky heat, this low fat Chipotle Lime Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is sure to be your new go-to! Full of flavor means you won’t miss the fat. It’s delicious warm or cold and makes the perfect side for a low fat THM E meal. Roast your sweet potatoes in the oven or air fryer!
“Can you make potato salad with sweet potatoes?” Just a few years ago I would have said no way! I used to be an ardent sweet potato hater.
Now, I actually love them! What changed? Knowing how healthy they are plus being willing to try something new made the difference.
One key to satisfying, low fat, healthy carb (THM E) meals is packing tons of flavor into them. I’ve got some more tips for satisfying E meals, if you need them.
This simple, healthy recipe does just that. Lightly dressed with a tangy, smoky-heat vinaigrette, you’ll never miss the fat!
Best Ways To Roast Sweet Potatoes.
I’ve tried both of these methods and they turn out the same – delicious! Using an air fryer cuts your roasting time by about half so that’s my go-to.
If you need a large amount of roasted sweet potatoes, your oven is the best choice. Or use both at the same time if you have an air fryer also.
I have a Ninja Foodi, which is a pressure cooker and air fryer in one (and more). I’ve really enjoyed using it – read why I think it’s perfect for the Trim Healthy Mama kitchen and check out what I cook in it:
Roasting sweet potatoes is very easy:
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into evenly sized chunks, about 1/2″ cubes.
- Lightly spray the sweet potato chunks with olive oil and toss with salt.
- To roast sweet potatoes in the oven, spread on a sheet tray and roast at 425 for about 30 minutes.
- For roasting sweet potatoes in the air fryer, air fry for 15 to 20 minutes at 390 degrees.
- For both methods, stir (or shake) a few times during roasting to ensure even browning and cooking.
Then simply let cool, add remaining sweet potato salad ingredients, and toss well to evenly coat.
Or, dress the salad while the sweet potatoes are still warm and enjoy right away. It’s very delicious!
CARBS TIP: cooking then cooling your sweet potatoes before eating them increases the resistant starch in them. This means a gentler impact on blood sugar. Keeping blood sugar stable is essential to shedding the pounds as well as overall good health.
How To Fit My Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad Into Your THM Meal Plan.
Since sweet potatoes are a starchy food, they’re a THM E fuel source. Enjoy with a lean protein such as grilled chicken.
Or, try along with a chicken taco salad using my 30 minute Instant Pot Chicken Taco meat. This is a Fuel Pull recipe so adding the roasted sweet potato salad to your meal makes it a THM E.
Grilled fish or other ultra-lean proteins are perfect with this simple, healthy roasted sweet potato salad recipe.
Warm or cold, this potato salad is sure to become your favorite! It’s perfect for potlucks and parties, too.
Want more THM E sweet potato recipes? Give these a try:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes
- Olive oil spray
- 3/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
FOR CHIPOTLE LIME VINAGRETTE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 fresh lime)
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, or to taste
- 1/32 teaspoon THM Pure Stevia Extract (1 "doonk") or desired sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly spray sweet potatoes with olive oil and toss with 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until done to your liking, stirring a few times.
- Remove from oven and let cool OR dress immediately and enjoy warm.
AIR FRYER ROASTING
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Lightly spray sweet potato chunks with olive oil and toss with 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add to air fryer and roast for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, stirring or shaking several times to ensure even browning and roasting.
- Remove and allow to to cool or dress immediately and enjoy warm.
Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together oils, garlic, salt, stevia, balsamic vinegar, and parsley until well blended.
- Dress the cooked (warm or cold) sweet potatoes with the dressing.
- Enjoy immediately or chill for later.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pure Stevia Extract Powder 1oz Bag
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle, Non-Aerosol for Olive Oil and Cooking Oils, 18-ounce Capacity
Bellemain Stainless Steel Non-Slip Mixing Bowls with Lids
Whiskware Salad Dressing Shaker with BlenderBall Wire Whisk, Glass
Ouddy 2 Pack Silicone Whisk, Balloon Whisk Set
MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) 32oz – Trim Healthy Mama Store
High Mineral Salt 12oz Bag
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 2.9gSaturated Fat: 1.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2.9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 20.7gNet Carbohydrates: 17.2gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 6.1gProtein: 2.4g
Nutrition information is approximate and based on the best knowledge available at the time of recipe publication. Your results may vary due to differences in ingredients. You can make your own calculations if this recipe does not include nutrition info by using an online calculator such as https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp