This easy Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette Dressing adds bright, tangy raspberry flavor and healthy fats to your salads. It’s a perfect way to dress those non-starchies for Trim Healthy Mamas and others living a low-glycemic lifestyle.
There’s a secret to making this easy Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette Dressing quickly. Want to know what it is? Raspberry powder. No blender needed with powdered raspberries! Just whisk it all together and there you go.
No berry powder? No problem! I include instructions for using fresh raspberries too (or thawed frozen berries).
When looking for raspberry powder be sure to read the label! I came across more than one that had maltodextrin added.
For this recipe I used a Wilderness Family Naturals product I had on hand that is sadly no longer available. However I have found a suitable replacement. This Koyah whole-berry powder is simply made with organic freeze dried raspberries.
What Do I Need For This Recipe?
Make this with berry powder or use fresh or thawed, frozen berries. Either way, you add a few simple, wholesome ingredients for a deliciously healthy raspberry basil vinaigrette dressing.
- Olive oil
- ACV (apple cider vinegar, preferably with the “mother”
- Raspberry powder or fresh raspberries (thawed, frozen work too)
- Fresh or dried basil
- Salt, pepper
- Fresh garlic or garlic powder
Use Healthy Oils In Your Homemade Salad Dressings.
Make sure to use good quality, healthy oils in your salad dressings! Shockingly, many olive oils are adulterated. Common cooking oils, such as canola, are touted as healthy alternatives to saturated fats but are highly inflammatory.
In addition, canola oil is typically made from a GMO crop treated with glyphosate (Round Up). It’s also partially hydrogenated. Sounds like our bodies need an oil change, doesn’t it?
You can make this dressing with either all olive oil or a mix of olive and MCT oil. If you’re not a huge fan of olive oil based dressings, adding MCT oil will lighten up that flavor. It’s also a great source of healthy medium change triglycerides. Alternatively, you could use all MCT oil if you like.
How To Include This Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette In Your THM Meal Plan.
Always consult the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book for complete information on how to put together your meals.
This dressing is a low carb THM S, Trim Healthy Mamas. Enjoy in a low carb setting.
Dress your salads with it and make sure to include an appropriate amount of protein in your meal.
I made a super simple Raspberry Basil Coleslaw with this dressing and it’s absolutely delish!
CARB NOTES: When making this dressing with berry powder, the whole recipe (3/4 cup) has approximately 2 grams of carbs. That means each tablespoon has practically zero carbs! If you use fresh berries, you’ll get about 1 cup. Each tablespoon of dressing has 0.4g carbs. Either way, a tasty, tangy, sweet, and fruity dressing!
This dressing is also great as a marinade. It may be December as I write this but I’m already dreaming of a Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette Dressing marinated chicken breast on the grill!
Want more homemade salad dressing recipes? I’ve got a few for you to try:
- Easy 2 Minute Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette (THM S)
- Easy Pomegranate Vinegar Salad Dressing (THM S)
- Creamy Cajun Ranch Dressing or Dip (THM FP)
- Creamy Citrus Salad Dressing (THM S, dairy free)
- Easy Ranch Dressing (THM FP or S)
For more salad recipes, check out my Salads category.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup MCT oil)
- 1/4 cup ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons raspberry powder OR 1/3 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil OR 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon THM Pure Stevia Extract
- 1 clove fresh garlic (or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon THM Simply Sunflower Lecithin (optional)
IF USING BERRY POWDER
- Add all ingredients into a pint sized mason jar or other suitable container (chop basil finely if using fresh).
- Whisk well until berry powder is completely incorporated.
- Can be used immediately but for best flavor allow to sit for 30 minutes or longer.
FOR FRESH OR THAWED BERRIES
- Put all ingredients into a blender jar.
- Blend until smooth.
Trim Healthy Mamas
You can use your favorite on-plan sugar alternative such as THM Super Sweet or Gentle Sweet. The Sweetener Conversion Chart recommends:
- 1 tablespoon Super Sweet (I used 1 TEASPOON and it was plenty sweet for my taste)
- 3 tablespoons Gentle Sweet (or similar sweeteners)
When using another sweetener, always start with a small amount and taste before adding more.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Sunflower Lecithin 16oz Bag
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) 32oz – Trim Healthy Mama Store
KOYAH - Organic Raspberry Powder (Equivalent to 450 Raspberries): Whole-Berry Powder, Raw, 100% Freeze-Dried
Pure Stevia Extract Powder 1oz Bag
Salad Dressing Mixer Shaker By Kitchen De Lujo - Elegant, Tall Glass Body Bottle With Oz Measurements - BPA Free Container - 20oz Capacity - Easy To Refill & Use - Ideal Healthy Eating Accessory
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80.5Total Fat: 9.3gSaturated Fat: 1.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6.7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 63.4mgCarbohydrates: 0.1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is approximate and based on the best knowledge available at the time of recipe publication. Your results may vary due to differences in ingredients.