Who wants to turn on the oven in the thick of summer? Not you? I’ve got just the recipe for you, then! My low carb Strawberry Freezer Pie combines sweet, juicy strawberries and fluffy, rich, whipped cream over a chocolate no-bake crust. A perfectly refreshing and delicious summer treat. Trim Healthy Mamas, this is a low carb THM S dessert the whole family will love!
While this can be made with any summer berries, I’m particularly fond of strawberries and cream. And, have fond memories of my mom’s strawberry freezer pie from my childhood.
Remember that one? Typically made with a graham cracker crust, it also included ingredients such as cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip.
It was tasty, not gonna lie! But, not so kind to the pancreas if you know what I mean.
I’ve transformed that childhood favorite into a sugar free, low carb, and gluten free strawberry freezer pie that’s THM friendly!
How To Make Low Carb Strawberry Freezer Pie.
Just a few simple, healthy ingredients are all you’ll need to make this easy strawberry freezer pie. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze!
I use cottage cheese for this recipe but if you don’t like cottage cheese, feel free to substitute with 0% Greek yogurt to help keep it a bit lighter.
You could also use cream cheese if you like. It will just increase the fat grams a bit.
Then, pour into your chocolate no-bake crust and freeze. At least 4 hours is good, or overnight. If freezing overnight, let it set at room temperature for about 15 minutes to make cutting and serving easier.
Decorate with more whipped cream and fresh strawberries, if you like.
How To Fit My Low Carb Strawberry Freezer Pie Into Your THM Meal Planning.
This is a THM S dessert, more along the lines of a Heavy S. This is due to using almond flour in the crust and heavy whipping cream.
As such, enjoy this on occasion (or for special occasions). It’s perfect for family get togethers and potlucks — as long as you don’t have far to drive and can keep it frozen before serving.
Take note of the serving size: 1/16 of the pie. This is accomplished by cutting the pie in half vertically, then horizontally so you have 4 pieces. Then, cut each piece in half for 8, then in half again for 16.
While you can have a 1/8 size slice, it will be pretty heavy on calories and fats. Keep that in mind and indulge wisely!
Have a slice after a Light S meal of baked or grilled chicken breast and a large, leafy green salad with a homemade vinaigrette.
If you have a Fuel Pull (FP) meal first, you can enjoy this for dessert and transform your meal into a THM S. Try Wonder Wraps with turkey deli meat and lettuce, along with fresh veggies and a Fuel Pull dip like my Creamy Cajun Ranch or Easy Ranch Dressing.
Finally, enjoy a slice as a snack on a hot summer day. It’s cool, creamy, and full of summer strawberry deliciousness!
Need more summer strawberry recipes? I’ve got a few for you…
Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce – THM FP
Sugar Free Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce – THM FP
Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie – THM FP or S
Strawberry Mascarpone Tart – THM S
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie – THM FP or S
No Bake Chocolate Crust
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons Mercy Sweet, or preferred sweetener to taste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese or 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (about 2 cups whipped)
- 3 tablespoons Mercy Sweet, or preferred sweetener to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Mercy Sweet, or preferred sweetener to taste
- Strawberry halves or slices
MAKE THE CRUST
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sweetener, and cacao powder and whisk together to mix well.
- Stir in melted butter until well incorporated.
- Press crust mixture evenly into a 9 or 9.5" pie plate and set aside.
MAKE THE FILLING
- In a food processor or blender, puree the strawberries and cottage cheese until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the 1 cup heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the strawberry mixture into the whipped cream then spread the mixture over the prepared crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pie before serving to thaw a bit and decorate, if desired.
- Whip the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Fill a decorator, piping bag with decorator tip, or ziplock bag and snip the corner, with the wipped cream and pipe onto the pie as desired.
- Top with strawberry slices or halves as desired.
- Cut into eighths then cut each slice in half to get 16 servings.
My homemade sweetener, Mercy Sweet, is about twice as sweet as regular sugar and is comparable to Pyure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 48 oz. Container, Black
Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor, Silver
KitchenAid KHM920A 9-Speed Hand Mixer - With (Free Dough hooks, whisk, milk shake liquid blender rod attachment and accessory bag) Candy Apple Red
KitchenAid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender - Contour Silver
Wellbee's Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour / Powder 5 LB
Flavorganics Vanilla Extract, 4 Ounce
Pure Stevia Extract Powder 1oz Bag
Super Sweet Blend™ 16oz Bag
Xylitol-Free Gentle Sweet™ 16oz Bag
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/16 pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177.1Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8.9gUnsaturated Fat: 1.2gCholesterol: 40.8mgSodium: 57.9mgCarbohydrates: 4.8gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 2gProtein: 3.1g